Thursday, December 7, 2017

What a Wild Year!! Any sad 😞

When I was a kid my grandfather lived about 15 minutes away from us so me and my little sister would go visit him quite often, we spent many nights with him because we just loved being with him. This time of year was always special. On Christmas Day Papaw would come to our house for breakfast then we would go to his house to open gifts. Though I don’t remember the presents, I do remember the time spent with him, guess it was way more precious!


As I got older the time spent with him got less and less and then we moved to Florida and over the next 25+ years there would be a few phone calls but not much else until August 2015 when me and my husband relocated to Florida to be closer to my parents who were now taking care of my grandfather. I am so grateful for the last 2 years I was able to spend with him. We lost him on November 4th at the age of 97. I was there with my aunt, his youngest daughter, when he took his last breath and it was not easy but we knew he was ready and we told him it was okay. We couldn’t be selfish, they brought him back once and it was not easy on him and he did not regain consciousness so we knew, it was his time.
R.I.P. Papaw, I will miss you until I see you again!

That was not the way I wanted to end 2017 and it’s not! God called home the oldest man in my life and is about to Bless me with a granddaughter in just a little over a week. I am beyond excited 😆!
There will be pictures posted so please, if you haven’t already, sign up to get my emails. 
After the first of the year I will start posting crafts I do and some DIY stuff and other fun things! I am excited about all the fun coming!

That is all for today! Have a wonderful day and be safe shopping! 
God Bless!

1 comment:

Featured Post

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! Follow me here...... Bloglovin’

Popular Posts